A Sheraton style grandfather clock inspired by the Scottish maker William Robb of Montrose , circa. 1790. Extensive use of chequered edgeline and marquetry inlays enhances the superb flame mahogany veneers of the Gleneagle. The scroll pediment is decorated with wheat motif marquetry and crowned with a fine cast brass eagle. The cabinet stands on splayed feet and features fluted quarter columns to the trunk and "Corinthian" pillars to the hood. The clock features a hand painted moon dial "Wildlife in the Lake District" signed by the artist. The cabinet is hand rubbed and waxed to achieve an "antique" patina.
Alternative dial options illustrated are available, please contact our sales office for further information.
Listen to this clock:
This piece will be handmade for you and will be ready in 8-12 weeks.
Model Number: C2002TCH
- Triple chime 8 day cable movement with silencer
- Automatic night silencer (10.00 PM to 7.15 AM), chime sequence and beat correction
- Plays Westminster, Whittington and St. Michael melodies on rods
- Bevelled glasses and lacquered solid brass furniture
- Adjustable feet, door locks and detachable hood for access to the movement
- Bespoke finish and dial options available
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Height 215cm
- Width 45cm
- Depth 30cm
- Weight 46.00kg
Prices include bespoke home delivery and set up service. (UK Mainland only) Please contact our sales office on +44 (0)1277 367679 for current availability and overseas shipping advice.