A Chippendale style floor clock inspired by David Rittenhouse (PA), circa. 1780. The Empire has a solid mahogany cabinet with curl veneers and decorative carving. The scroll pediment is supported by fine lattice fretwork. The case stands on ogee feet and features fluted quarter columns to the trunk and "Corinthian" pillars to the hood. The cabinet is hand rubbed and waxed to achieve an "antique" patina.
Listen to this clock:
This piece will be handmade for you and will be ready in 8-12 weeks.
Model Number: C2011TCH
- Cathedral sound 9 tube triple chime 8 day cable movement with 12 jewels and 24 bronze bushings
- Automatic night silencer (10.00 PM to 7.15 AM), chime sequence and beat correction
- Gridiron pendulum
- Plays Westminster, Whittington and St. Michael melodies on tubes
- Brass dial with painted moon and gold plated fretwork
- Bevelled glasses and lacquered solid brass furniture
- Adjustable feet and detachable hood for access to the movement
- Bespoke finishes available
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Height 235cm
- Width 57cm
- Depth 37cm
- Weight 85.00kg
Prices include bespoke home delivery and set up service. (UK Mainland only) Please contact our sales office on +44(0)1277 367670 for current availability and overseas shipping advice.